confident dictionary group highlight memorize memory nervous style translate
1. How often do you look up words in your ?
2. He has a good . He can remember things easily.
3. There isn’t just one way to learn. Each person has a different learning .
4. If you are before an exam, you probably won’t concentrate well.
5. When I read，I usually every word into Chinese.
6. In English class, I don’t really like working alone. I prefer activities.
7. How do you so many words?
8. When I read a text, I the key words. This helps me to remember them later.
9. It takes time to learn a language. Little by little, you will feel more .
1. He______ (go) to America the year before last.
2. —What _____ you ______(do)?
—I _____ (be) a teacher.
3. Do you like ________ (drink) milk?
4. He ______ _______(not have) his supper yet.
5. We ________________ (see) Uncle Li tomorrow.
6. Joan’s mother often _______ at four, now she (cook).
7. He _____(read) a book when the accident (happen).
8. _______ (travel) by air is very fast.
9. Let us ______ (wait) outside.
10. The teacher told us _________ (not talk) any more.
I. 1. dictionary 2. memory 3. style 4. nervous 5. translate
6. group 7. memorize 8. highlight 9. confident
II. 1. have a hard time doing sth. 2. review regularly 3. concentrate on doing sth.
4. highlight the important parts 5. a piece of advice 6. improve your memory
7. have a chance to do sth. 8. communicate with sb. 9. rather than
10. different learning styles
III. 1. went 2. will, do, will be 3. drinking 4. hasn’t had 5. will see
6. cooks, is cooking 7. was
( ) 1. Which month is it now?
( ) 2. What is Billy probably doing now?
( )3. What will the weather be like?
( )4. What sport are they doing?
( ) 5. How many times has the man been to China in all?
A. Twice. B. Three times. C. Once.
( ) 6.When did the man arrive?
A. At 5:35 B. At 5:55 C. At 5:45
( ) 7. Which floor is the woman on now?
A. The second floor B. The third floor. C. The fifth floor.
( ) 8. Where is Sandy now?
A. In America. B. In Japan. C. At home.
( ) 9. What will the man have to do next week?
A. He will lend some money to the woman.
B. He will borrow the money from the woman.
C. He will give the money back to the woman.
( ) 10. What does the woman suggest(建议)?
A. Don’t exercise in the morning. B. Exercise just after getting up.
C. Don’t exercise so many times a day.
( ) 11. Where is Lily going for lesson?
A. Her school. B. A language school. C. An art school.
( ) 12. What is she planning to do in France?
A. To have fun. B. To improve her French. C. To learn painting.
Title（标题）: ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ 13
Meals 14 at dinner Prefer a big dinner at home or restaurants
Table Manners（礼仪） Like to talk and laugh while eating at the restaurant Like to eat 15 at the restaurant.
( )13. A. Eating differently B. Eating manners C. Eating habits
( )14. A. eat well B. eat more C. eat less
( )15. A. noisily B. quietly C. comfortably
( )16. Why did the speaker go to a language school?
Ⅱ单项选择。（20分）( )21.—Lily, _____ you _____ your ticket?—Not yet!A.did; find B.have; found C.has; found D.do; find( )22.Xiao Li had an accident yesterday _____ he is in No.1 People’s Hospital now.A.but B.and C.or D.since( )23.—Our country _____ progress in science and culture in recent years.A.made such B.has made such C.made so D.has made so( )24.—We really shouldn’t use plastic bags any more when shopping.—_____ It’s important to protect our environment.A.So do I. B.With pleasure. C.That’s OK. D.So it is.( )25.Trees can stop the sand _____ towards the rich farmland in the south.A.moving B.to move C.from moving D.moves( )26.There are five people in the room, but I know _____.A.both of them B.none of them C.all of them D.neither of them( )27.—Do you know him?—I’m sure I’ve seen him _____, but I can’t remember the right place.A.anywhere B.nowhere C.everywhere D.somewhere( )28.There was a rainstorm yesterday. The flood _____ the old bridge over the small river.A.washed away B.went away C.blew away D.put away( )29.His close friend _____ for two years.A.died B.has died C.has been dead D.has been died( )30.There are many kinds of bikes here. She can’t decide _____. A.where to buy B.which to buy C.how to go there D.when to go there（ )3 1.A cellphone _____ a camera by most young people in China. A.is used by B.used for C.is used as D.is used to( )32.In the past, the child laborers _____ do a lot of hard work. A.forced B.forced to C.was forced to D.were forced to( ) 33.—Hi, Jane, tell you a piece of good news. I _____ America tomorrow. —Wow, have a good trip! A.leave for B.am leaving for C.leaving for D.left( )34.—I have worked hard at English, but it seems that I haven’t made any progress. —Keep on _____ at it, and you will be successful. A.work B.working C.to work